EMSA Rules & Regulations
EMSA West Philosophy on Heading The Ball
Summary of Indoor Rules
West Zone Outdoor Rules of Play – mini soccer U4, U6,U8 & U10
- EWZSA U4 & U5 OD Rules of Play – Outdoor
- EWZSA U6 Rules of Play – Outdoor rev 2015
- EWZSA U8 Rules of Play – Outdoor rev 2015
- Rules for Outdoor U 10 (7 vs. 7) 2017- U10 Outdoor Retreat Line *NEW*
- ASA Rules – The main changes for 2017 are the addition of a Retreat Line for certain restarts under Rule 8 in 7v7,
- 2017 ASA U12 OD Rules U12 EMSA AMENDMENTS TO ASA RULES February 2016 2017-U12 Outdoor Retreat Line *NEW*
- (EMSA Teams follow 2 x 35 minute halves, not 30 mins as stated in ASA Rules)
- ASA Rules of the game for the U12 8 a-side game (Revised February 18, 2011). Please notice that as per EMSA rule # 304, U12 teams are limited to a maximum of 16 players. A match may not start if either team consists of fewer than 5 (five) players (EMSA Technical Direction, June 2012).
- Please also notice that as per EMSA BOD decision on March 27, 2014, starting the 2014 Outdoor Season, the U12s will be playing 2 halves of 35 minutes each (total 70 minutes game). The online ASA Rules of The Game for U12 currently do not reflect this change as this is an EMSA BOD decision for the EMSA league.
- ASA Rules – The main changes for 2017 are the addition of a Retreat Line for certain restarts under Law 8 in 8v8. There have also been some wording changes in the U12 8v8 Laws to match the IFAB Law changes in 11v 11 soccer for this year.