COVID – 19 UPDATE
Oct. 9th, 2020
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
Alberta Soccer is aware of and supports the changes that Alberta Health Services (AHS) announced on October 8, 2020 and is currently reviewing our Return to Play documents.
Specifically, we would like to make all our members in the Edmonton Zone including the communities noted below aware of the following AHS change:
Starting October 8, all residents and visitors of Edmonton and surrounding communities should:
- Keep your family and social gatherings small – no more than 15 people.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workspace like an office or cubicle where you are safely distanced from others, or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Limit your cohorts to no more than 3: your core household, your school, and one other sport or social cohort.
- Young children who attend child care could be part of 4 cohorts, given that child care settings have not been a high risk for spread.
- Health officials are closely monitoring the Edmonton Zone. Additional measures may be recommended if needed.
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove
- St. Albert
- Stony Plain
- Surrounding villages and businesses
Alberta Soccer takes these measures very seriously and would like to remind our members outside of the Edmonton Zone that although these measures are only currently applicable to the Edmonton Zone, things can and will change rapidly, so let’s all stay safe and follow the suggestions and rules put forward.
“from Alberta Soccer – https://albertasoccer.com/”
Dear Alberta Soccer Membership
As the governing body of soccer in Alberta the safety of players, coaches, referees and spectators is our utmost priority. In this regard the Alberta Soccer Risk Management Committee undertook a risk assessment relating to the impact of the COVID -19 outbreak on the upcoming Alberta Provincial Championships. The Committee recommended to the Alberta Soccer Board of Directors to postpone all remaining 2020 Indoor Provincial Championships.
As a leader in Provincial sport, Alberta Soccer is motivated to assist Albertans to remain safe and healthy. By minimizing contact with infected individuals and/or surfaces we are supporting the Alberta Provincial Government’s endeavor to contain the spread of the virus within our cities and towns.
While we understand that this decision may be disappointing to many Alberta Soccer Members, we ultimately decided that the many uncontrollable factors considered pose too much of a risk to the health and safety of Alberta Soccer Stakeholders and all Albertans. Further details on the re-scheduling of the 2020 Alberta Soccer Indoor Provincial Championships will be shared with the Membership as soon as possible.
The Alberta Soccer Board of Directors
Please Click Here to access the Alberta Health Services Website for further information.