2018 SEASON – WEST ZONE REFEREES
- Make sure you have properly registered through Alberta Soccer Association (ASA). This includes paying your annual registration fee, completing the outdoor refresher questionnaire and attended a required refresher course. If you have not completed these 3 items, you will not be on the ASA approved list of referees and we cannot assign matches to you to officiate.
- If you were not assigned matches in the 2017 outdoor season, you need to be added to Assignor – the online game assignment platform. Please contact Mike Carson, Referee Assignor for the West Zone to be entered into the online Assignor. His email address is email@example.com
MANDATORY PRE-SEASON MEETING
If you are planning to officiate games for the West Zone this upcoming Outdoor Season you are required to attend one of pre-season referee meetings.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE GAMES UNLESS YOU ATTEND A MEETING.
Information covered will include expectations of the zone for officials (honoring assignments, showing up to matches, game prep) completion of misconduct reports and where to send them, payment forms, who to contact for assignments, etc.
- Wednesday April 11 – 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm West Zone Office (15430 93 Ave NW)
- Tuesday April 17 – 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm West Zone Office (15430 93 Ave NW)
- Tuesday April 17 – 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm West Zone Office (15430 93 Ave NW)
- Sunday April 22 – 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm LaPerle Community Hall (Rink Room) 18611 97a Ave NW
- Wednesday April 25 – 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm West Zone Office (15430 93 Ave NW)
HOW DO I BECOME A Referee or Mini Referee
To become a referee this Spring/Summer, you will need to register and take a course.
REFEREE SIGN UP
All referees must sign up at assignr.com to ref in the West Zone. We use this program for our assigning.
All referee and assistant referee complaints must be made in writing to the Zone office firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone complaints will not be accepted or responded to.
Do not put complaints on game sheets. The referee director does not see the games sheets until after the tiering round is completed.
Please remember that the referee’s decisions on facts of play are final. These decisions include goals, fouls and misconducts. Game protests or discipline appeals go to the league NOT to the referee director.
FIELD CLOSURE and INFORMATION
Field closure information can be obtained by
- calling 780-496-4999, Press 1 [or]
- visiting the Field Closure website at http://coewebapps.edmonton.ca/facilitynotifications/default.aspx?args=4,14 [or]
- calling 311
If fields are closed, referees will not be at the games. If the fields are open and the weather changes, the referee determines if the game can proceed. Fields without appropriate filed markings can be reported by email or through the referee hotline.
We ask that all of our referees, coaches, players and parents be patient for the first round as we may not have all our fields marked right away. Do whatever you can do to ensure the games get played. Have coaches help to mark out touchlines and penalty areas and let’s get the games played. Remember this is not Processional Soccer it is for the Kids. Please inform the zone if you identify any fields that are in bad shape, need to be painted, need to have grass cut or have hazards.
New weather policy 2018: Click Here to View
EMSAmain handles all indoor referee items.