EMSA West is primarily a volunteer-run organization, if it wasn’t for the hard work of our volunteer board members, teams officials and parents the program would not exist. There are many ways to give back to the program, from board positions to coaching opportunities to fundraising and events. Most positions can be signed up for when registering your child for the season or by contacting your community league directly.
EMSA West staff work with our volunteers to ensure they are supported and provided with the tools to complete their position. If you have questions on some of our opportunities please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Head Coach (valid application and security clearance required)
- Coach, mentor and develop players while creating and fostering a team atmosphere. As a coach, you will be required to attend a coaching course to help develop your skills as a coach. You must attend all games prepared with team equipment, including first aid kits.
- All Coaches are required to have the following:
- Assistant Coach (valid application and security clearance required)
- Assist head coach with the team, prepare kids on the bench for line changes, act as a head coach in absence of a head coach. Coaching courses are available but not mandatory for this position.
- All Assistant Coaches are required to have the following:
- Team Manager (valid application and security clearance required)
- Responsible for keeping the team organized for games and tournaments, coordinating with parents, acting as a liaison between coaches and parents and assisting the coach with organizational details. Responsible for contacting your teams’ parents to ensure game information is relayed in event of changes or cancellations. Acts as a team administrator by completing and submitting game sheets to appropriate league administrators.
- All Team Managers are required to take the following courses:
- Referee Liaison
- It is mandatory for every team (U9 – U19) to provide a referee liaison for every league game. The liaison can be a different person each game and can be anyone, with the exception of the coach or assistant coach. However, they must be a reasonable, responsible Adult. The name of the referee liaison MUST be marked in the area provided on the game sheet. The team has a 15-minute grace period in which to provide a liaison, or it will default the game.
- Tournament Events
- Tournaments are a primary source of fundraising for our zone; these are large events with a multitude of volunteer options. These volunteer positions will vary from medal presentation, set-up and tear-down, Field Marshal and others.
- Office Assistance
- EMSA West operates on a very small staff so we often have positions for assistance in the office for computer work or filing; it is necessary to have a moderate understanding of computers and data entry.
- Casino’s (Security clearance may be required)
- Casinos are another large source of fundraising in EMSA west. These events require various volunteers in different roles throughout the events, there are a variety of dates and shifts to choose from.
***EMSAwest reserves the right to deny any volunteer the opportunity to act as a volunteer – Bylaws 13.2
All volunteers listed on a roster must complete a team official registration on www.emsasoccerportal.com; once completed, submit an email to email@example.com advising which role, community and team you are volunteering for. A staff member will be in touch with further instructions.