Let’s play soccer!
If you’re a player or a parent, then you’re in the right place. Check here regularly to get the information you need and get the most out of the game you love.
There are many benefits from playing a team sport like soccer. For example it:
- is generally a non-contact sport
- teaches coordination
- promotes teamwork and sharing
- teaches you to ‘think on the run’
- helps to increase skills in concentration, persistence and self-discipline
- is a great way to meet people and exercise with friends
- can provide an opportunity to increase your confidence and self-esteem, and help to reduce anxiety
- requires very little equipment so it can be played in the backyard or park
- is relatively easy to learn, so beginners can easily join in the fun and play basic soccer for recreation
- is an international sport.