Team Formation Policy, Age Movement, Special Requests
TEAM FORMATION POLICY
All players are registered under Edmonton Minor Soccer Association. The West Zone representatives try to honor community, coach and friend requests, however, there are absolutely no guarantees of requests for player placement, if a community cannot host a team, the player will be placed on another team in the West Zone. You will not be contacted beforehand.
- Teams are formed under the community the Coach is from, unless other circumstances prevail.
- Placement is done on a first come basis, home community players are placed first unless requested to play elsewhere and a spot is available on that team.
- Out of community players are then placed if spots open.
- If there are not enough players or volunteers to form a team in your home community, players may be moved to a nearby community to create a viable team.
- For teams that are moving from one season to another they are allowed to stay together as long as the player(s) are registered/paid by the registration deadline date. If they do not register on time their spot will be granted to players that registered on time.
Indoor Soccer Season – Age Directors form teams
Outdoor Soccer Season – Community Soccer Coordinators form their community teams
AGE MOVEMENT (PLAYING DOWN AN AGE GROUP)
You may request a downward age movement due to a child’s mental or physical disabilities. These requests must be supported by letters from physicians. All age movement requests must be in writing. The letters/emails must be received by EmsaWEST (email firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the reason and supporting physicians letter for them. You will be notified of the decision in writing. The committee’s decision is final.
Moving up one age group (one birth year only) is allowed without a request from EmsaWEST. However, if you are requesting more than one birth year in movement you will need to submit a request in writing to email@example.com. You will be notified of the decision in writing. The committee’s decision is final.
All age movement requests must be submitted in writing.
While EmsaWEST allows you to make special requests on your registration form, remember that it is simply not possible to accommodate all requests. While we will do what we can to grant requests, there are absolutely no guarantees of requests for player placement being met.