Team rosters will be released to coaches at end of September, the zone does not release information to players/parents.
MANDATORY Coaches’ Meetings & Coaches’ Clinics:
Location: West Zone Office (15430-93 Ave)
U4 to U11 – the meeting will be 45 mins, please dress in comfortable clothing (dress for the being outside), running shoes, water bottle. You will be participating in activities.
Masks are mandatory in the building
- U4/U5 – Saturday, October 17th/20 10:00 am – outside please dress for the weather
- U7 – Saturday, October 17th/20 @ 11:00 am – outside please dress for the weather
- U9 – Saturday, October 17/20 @12:30 pm – outside please dress for the weather
- U11 – Saturday, October 17th/20 @ 1:30 pm – Outside please dress for the weather
- U13- Sunday, October 18th/20 @ 1:15 pm
- U15 – Sunday, October 18th/20 @ 2:15 pm
- U17 – Sunday, October 18/20 @ 3:15 pm
- U19 – Sunday, October 18/20 @ noon pm
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE from ASA
Alberta Soccer is aware of and supports the changes that Alberta Health Services (AHS) announced on October 8, 2020 and is currently reviewing our Return to Play documents.
Specifically, we would like to make all our members in the Edmonton Zone including the communities noted below aware of the following AHS change:
Starting October 8, all residents and visitors of Edmonton and surrounding communities should:
- Keep your family and social gatherings small – no more than 15 people.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workspace like an office or cubicle where you are safely distanced from others, or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Limit your cohorts to no more than 3: your core household, your school, and one other sport or social cohort.
- Young children who attend child care could be part of 4 cohorts, given that child care settings have not been a high risk for spread.
- Health officials are closely monitoring the Edmonton Zone. Additional measures may be recommended if needed.
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove
- St. Albert
- Stony Plain
- Surrounding villages and businesses
Alberta Soccer takes these measures very seriously and would like to remind our members outside of the Edmonton Zone that although these measures are only currently applicable to the Edmonton Zone, things can and will change rapidly, so let’s all stay safe and follow the suggestions and rules put forward.
Sample Pre-Season Coach Letter
Indoor Post Season Commitment Forms
Reminder to all teams that Post Season Commitment Forms are due by no later than. They can be faxed to 780-490-1652 or emailed to email@example.com
*Please note, as per the EMSA Board of Directors, the U9-U19 Community “Guest” teams can also choose to advance to post season play (City Finals/Inter Cities) if they choose to do so.