Police Information Check
Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check
All Coaching staff on all West Zone Teams must complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check before they are allowed on the Bench. This Police Check must be completed prior to the start of the season. The witness must be a zone representative (office staff, community coordinator, etc.). Once completed and approved by West Zone the clearance is good for 3 years.
Forms to Complete (3 pages):
- 3rd party and PIC combined form fillable EMSA West
- Due to the Pandemic, we ask that you complete all forms with signatures, provide a photocopy of your valid Driver’s License and passport or AHC. Drop them in our locked mailbox on the side of the building, the forms will be reviewed, witnessed/verified by a staff member and sent into the Police department.
- Please remember all Team Offical will require EMSA ID to enter in the soccer facilities
The Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check includes a check of local police records to determine the existence of a pattern of behaviour that may result in harm to vulnerable persons. In order for us to provide the most accurate information, it is important for us to ensure the applicant is a resident of Edmonton and/or the surrounding jurisdictions we are authorized to do a Vulnerable Sector search. This is to ensure that vulnerable people are safe from victimization. The RCMP jurisdictions we have the authorization to do Vulnerable Sector searches are:
- Spruce Grove,
- Stony Plain,
- Sherwood Park,
- St. Albert,
- Fort Saskatchewan,
Effective July 1, 2018, documentation must be provided showing the applicant resides in Edmonton or one of the RCMP jurisdictions listed above.
**NEW JULY 1ST, 2018. APPLICANTS FOR THE VULNERABLE SECTOR POLICE INFORMATION CHECK ARE REQUIRED TO SHOW ALSO SUBMIT PROOF OF ADDRESS.**
EXAMPLES OF PROOF OF RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS ARE:
- Alberta Driver’s license,
- Alberta Identification card,
- Utility bill,
- Bank/Credit Card statements,
- Property Rental Agreement/Mortgage documents,
- Car registration/Insurance,
- Post-secondary school registration,
- Recent online shopping invoices,
- Food delivery purchases.
The documentation must bear the applicant’s name & current address and dated within the last 90 days however, does not need to be an original. Please be advised that P.O. BOX addresses are NOT accepted, a physical address must be provided.
IN ADDITION, THE APPLICANT MUST ALSO SUBMIT TWO (2) PIECES OF GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID:
1 piece must be picture Identification and have a current address, expired items will not be accepted.
- Driver’s License,
- Birth Certificate,
- Immigration ID Card,
- Citizenship Card,
- Indian/ Metis Status Card.
For individuals 16 years old > younger:
If you are unable to provide proof of address a parent/ guardian can complete the below form –