Indoor Soccer Registration
All players are registered under Edmonton Minor Soccer Association. West Zone representatives try to honor community, coach and friend requests, however, there are absolutely no guarantees of requests for player placement. If a community cannot host a team, the player will be placed on another team in the West Zone. You will not be contacted beforehand.
- Players registered after September 1st will be put on a wait list while teams are being formed.
- Inquires regarding placement will not be answered during this time (Sept. 1st-8th).
- Team rosters will be released to coaches, the zone does not release information to players/parents.
- Coaches will contact players early in October.
- The West Zone office will be CLOSED September 1st-8th for team formation.
* Tentative Days
U4 – Sunday 9am- noon start times vary as it depends on the number of teamsU5 – Saturday with a few Sundays 9am- noon start times vary as it depends on the number of teams
-subject to change
We continue to try and make our soccer program better each year. It is our volunteers that make our program a success.
We hope that everyone continues to appreciate them as much as we do.
Please remember: No volunteer coaches = No teams
The West Zone runs Information clinics for all mini Team official’s on the West Zone programs at No cost to our volunteers.
Team officials: Click here for more information.
COMMUNITY LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP
- You will need a 2019-20 Community Membership to be a valid registration. (You will not get passed Step 1 on the online registration)
OPTIONS TO PURCHASE:
- Your Community Office/ Community Soccer Coordinator.
- West Zone Office (15430 93 Ave). NOTE: Summer office hours in effect.
- CASH [or] CHEQUE ONLY accepted at West Zone office.
Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) Memberships expire in August each year. All players registered in the Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) are required to have a valid membership. (1 per immediate family)
You must purchase your community league membership from the community in which you live, even if it does not have an active soccer program. This is a bylaw and subject to a fine for enforcement.
REGISTER ONLINE emsasoccerportal.com
- Log-in or create an account on the emsasoccerportal.com
- Forgot password? Use the forgot password feature.
- Can not create a new account because your already in the system? Try old and/or spouses emails.
- Add/ Register your player(s) and/ or team officials.
- Online registration ONLY
Please note: The registration is not finalized until payment has been received.
HOW TO PAY:
ONLINE – Visa/ Mastercard. Can be paid on the last step of your online registration.CLOSED as it is now a late registration
LATE PAYMENT: contact the West Zone office to confirm placement prior to payment. (780) 451-6453
- IN-PERSON – the following options can be paid in-person at the West Zone Office. 15430 93 Ave NW
Note: Registration must be completed prior to coming to the zone office to pay.
- Cash – Bring fund in during office hours.
- Cheque – Payable to: Bring in during office hours [or] drop in mailbox on front of building in clearly labeled envelop with a copy of the player registration confirmation.
- Debit – Come in to the office to process.
- Financial Assistance – Click here for more information.
- Any registration completed and paid after Sept. 1st are considered a Late Registration. Players will be placed on a waitlist while teams are being formed. While teams are being formed phone calls and emails regarding placement will NOT be answered until after Sept 8th.
- Volunteer Coaches, assist. coaches and Team managers you will need apply each season to a Team Official. – EMSA requires ALL Team Officials (U7 through U19) to have a Identification card- this will be your pass into the Soccer Centers for the season. Carding dates to follow shortly.
- While West Zone/EMSAwest allows you to make special requests on your registration form, remember that it is simply not possible to accommodate all requests. While we will do what we can to grant requests, there are absolutely no guarantees of requests for player placement being met.
- Team Formation Policy/ Special Requests Click Here – Teams are formed on your child’s YEAR of Birth.
- Season Starts October 19th, 2019. Regular season play run through January/February.
- Due to limited centre time teams U9 – U19 may be assigned some weeknight games.
- Games may start as early as 6:45 am.
- Practices for U9+ will be determined by the coach, dates and times will not be released until mid-October.
Soccer Center facilities charge for entrance into the facility for people between the ages of 18-60. Facility passes fee (Upcoming Indoor Season rate is to be determined) can be purchased from the facilities. 18 and under and 60+ free.
Facilities will be selling season passes at all soccer center locations, please try to purchase passes before first game to avoid hour long line ups.
- Indoor: Administration Fee: $50.00 for withdrawal unless medical reasons (proof required) is charged after Sept. 8th, 2019. No refunds after three games.
- Outdoor: Communities may have their own policies, please contact them directly.
Security Clearance (For Coaches, Asst. Coaches and Managers)
Security Clearance forms (2 forms) are required to be completed for new coaches, assistant coaches and managers . Once completed and approved by West Zone the clearance is good for 3 years. Bring two legal identifications (passport, driver’s license, Alberta Health Care Card etc.) for verification.
Player/ Coach Carding: Click here for more info
Late Registration – Starts September 8th only if space available. Additional fees of $25 applies to all late registrations.